WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
GATHER – GROW – GIVE
Like good stewards of the manifold grace of God, serve one another with whatever gift each of you have received. (1 Peter 4.10)
to St. John United Church of Christ. This page has been created to help you connect with others, connect with your faith, and connect with God through gathering, growing, and giving together, serving God and neighbor in and beyond the Church.
Our primary gathering time is on Sunday mornings for worship, learning, and fellowship. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- in Chancel Choir – youth and adults
- in a small vocal group
- a solo
- a musical instrument
- in the Handbell Choir
- an Usher/Greeter to welcome others
- a Liturgist – read Scripture
- an Acolyte – light and extinguish candles
- Share your story/testimony
- Provide transportation to worship for someone who needs a ride
- Behind the scenes worship assistant (prop set-up/take-down, etc.)
Growth in the Spirit, experiences of faith, and a deeper understanding of the Bible along with a relationship with others will sustain us in life. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Visit the homebound and those in care facilities through the Congregational Care Team
- Participate in:
- Weekly Bible Encounter (Sun 9a)
- Book studies and Spiritual Growth Series
- Spiritual Growth Series, Power Source and Life Keys workshops (spiritual gifts), or Lenten Series, etc.
- Kids Connection (grades 1 to 5)
- Illumination Youth Ministries (grades 6 to 12)
- Morning Prayer (Weds 7:32a)
- Host a small book/Bible study group in your home
- Become a:
- covenant member of St. John Church
- Bible/book study group leader
- Kids Connection teacher or assistant/helper
- nursery (infant to 5 years) assistant
Offering time, talents, and treasures are part of practicing our faith. Giving and serving is just as important as prayer. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Assist with information technology: social media, website, Media Center and promotional videos
- Perform office administrative tasks
- Be a caring adult with the Illumination Youth Ministries
- Offer hospitality through helping with luncheons, bereavement meals, etc.
- design/develop promotional, marketing, and communication print materials
- with financial accounting, bookkeeping
- with stewardship and donor development
- with the presentation of the annual Community Nativity Scene
- design, make, and install visual worship arts: textiles (banners, etc.) floral arrangements, etc.
- plan, usher, promote and/or administer the annual Music on the Avenue recital series
- with drama in worship, The Avenue Stage, acting, set design/building, ushering, sound, lighting, etc.
- with Free Senior Meals
- with Friendship Center
- with annual rummage sale/s
- plan, design and implement major fundraising events
- maintain, clean, paint, basic handy-person/fix-it projects
- maintain the flower beds, rain garden, and landscape, etc.
- host a building use event
- recruit and assimilate people to participate in local service organizations
- recruit and assimilate people to participate in mission/service trips
- Participate in:
- local service events
- mission/service trips
- Memorial Day parade
- World AIDS Day events
- Outreach events/festivals, etc.
- Give to the Pastor’s Discretionary Assistance Fund and help those in need (rent, food, utilities, etc.)
- Register your Kroger Plus Card at www.kroger.com/communityrewards and 4% of every dollar spent goes to St. John Church.
- Give a financial gift weekly/monthly to support the ministry of St. John Church
download this information here.
St. John United Church of Christ
520 Fairfield Avenue | Bellevue, KY | 41073
859.261.2066 | www.StJohnChurch.net
The Rev. Keith M. Haithcock
Pastor & Teacher