These are certainly challenging and unsettling times. And I affirm that we will go through them and grow through them. Your safety and well-being are of the upmost importance to me, our council and staff. May we all remember the power of prayer and our spiritual principles.
Based on the most recent information we have from the Health Department and Centers for Disease Control, St. John Church is suspending all events, classes, rehearsals, meetings, groups, gatherings and live in-person Sunday Services through March.
We will livestream a Sunday Service at 10:30a on Sundays, March 22 and 29
with Christ Church Ft. Thomas and St. John’s Church Newport.
Refer to Worship Livestream Login below.
The Strategic Leadership Council will issue and update regarding Holy Week, Easter Sunday and April worship services by sometime on March 23.
We need spiritual community more than ever, and we are doing our part to slow the spread of the virus by taking this action. In the meantime, our Congregational Care Team and I are available to you for care or support. No in-person visits are being made, only phone, text or email. Call or email the office (859.261.2066, ext. 202) to let us know if you’d like to connect by phone or other electronic means.
If you know of someone who does not have electronic connection for these updates, please call them and let them know. In doing so, you are helping our congregation to remain connected not only about updates but opening an opportunity for a nice visit together. Thank you for your help in this effort.
Click here for the St. John Church Schedule Update.
Click here to donate on-line or mail a check payable to St. John United Church of Christ, 520 Fairfield Ave., Bellevue, KY 41073.
Office: 859.261.2066, ext.202
Let’s do our part to flatten the curve!
• Wash your hands.
• Cover your cough/sneeze into elbow bend or Kleenex.
• Stay 6 feet away from each other.
• Sanitize surfaces (counter tops, phones, computer keyboards, etc.
Worship Livestream Login
As we come to another week where worship is going to be “different,” I wanted to share with you the ways that you can continue to stay connected to our worship life together. First, included is a copy of the bulletin and order of worship for Sunday. You’ll see that we are sharing worship among several congregations – Christ Church Ft. Thomas, First Presbyterian Church Ft Thomas, St. John Bellevue, and St. John’s Newport – and we will be doing that over the coming weeks. Different Sundays will have different preachers and musicians (or a mix thereof) but we will all be part of it each week.
Click here for a PDF of the bulletin for Sunday March 22, 2020.
You will be able to access the worship services in several different ways:
Call in (audio only)
This method ONLY works starting at 10:30am on Sundays. I could explain the technical side of it, but this is the best arrangement for telephone access that we have right now. To access this each Sunday, you can do the following:
– At 10:30am on Sundays, call either 929 205 6099 or 312 626 6799 (either number will work).
– You will then be (quickly and repeatedly) prompted to enter a meeting ID – that ID is 952 499 133.
– You will then be asked a participant ID. There is no need to enter a number. Simply hit # on your phone and you’ll be connected to the audio of the service.
– That’s it. You’ll be connected.
You can access the video of the worship service starting at 1030am ET each Sunday and it will be available any time after that as well. There are multiple ways to access the video of the worship service.
– Christ Church website – http://christchurchft.org – On the front page of the website will be a permanent link to the worship service. This will take you to a page where the video will be shown.
– Christ Church Facebook page – http://facebook.com/ChristChurchUCCft – you do not need to have a Facebook account to access this page (but Facebook will nag you about making an account – nothing we can do about that). The service will be posted here. If you have a facebook account, you will be able to post comments, questions, thoughts about what you experience and how the Spirit speaks to you.
– Christ Church YouTube Channel – http://bit.ly/youtubeCCUCC – This link will take you to the Christ Church Youtube channel and the most recent worship service as well as other videos we are working on. If you have a “smart TV” or something like a Roku, AppleTV, or other device you can also access this through your TV.